The Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service acknowledges the hard work and sacrifice that it takes to give back to your community. MLK was a true leader and on this day, we follow his example to make our world a better place.
It is not always easy to find ways to volunteer, especially this year, but there are many creative things you and your family can do to serve our community including:
• Pick up trash at a nearby park
• Offer to pick up groceries for an elderly neighbor
• Send military care packages to deployed troops overseas
• Provide a meal with Meals on Wheels. Find donation centers HERE
• Donate blood at a drive. Find a location to give HERE
• Donate to a local food bank or non-profit
• Deliver lunch, snacks, or even a thank you note to local hospitals, police, or fire stations
Today, let’s continue the work of one of the most inspirational people who ever lived and work a little harder to make tomorrow a little brighter.
“Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, what are you doing for others?” – Martin Luther King, Jr.